Customer Service Manager
at Whittard of Chelsea
Who we are
Since 1886 the brand has expanded internationally and within the UK, investing in cutting-edge technology and refreshing its branding to appeal to a much larger customer audience who are thirsty for more. None of this success would have been possible without the people who make the brand what it is today and that’s where this role comes in.
You will become part of a community with this hard-working but fun brand and will benefit from generous incentive-based benefits.
We pride ourselves on our expertise, but that doesn’t stop us from being down to earth, approachable, and generous with our knowledge – ‘friendly fanatics’, you could say. We really care about what we do, fuelling the positive energy felt at every level of the business - from the tea fields to the shop floor. You’ll embody this value in the role, leading a team of staff that represent Whittard values and objectives. In return you’ll receive a host of generous benefits and become part of a company that is dedicated to your personal and professional development.
About the role
- Sector: Customer Service
- Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
- Salary: £22,000pa
- Application Closing Date: 30th November 2023
Do you value a first-class customer experience? If you love leaving customers delighted and have exceptional communication skills, joining the Whittard of Chelsea team as a Customer Service Manager could be the ideal role you’ve been searching for. Especially if you love a cuppa!
Based out of the stunning Abingdon, Oxfordshire Head Office full-time, you’ll join a friendly and passionate team who works shifts throughout Monday to Saturday on shifts to deliver a first-class customer experience via phone, email and live chat.
This position is a fixed term contract, starting as soon as possible and will last for 8 weeks.
- Answering a variety of incoming customer enquiries via phone, email, live chat, and social media platforms, responding politely, quickly, and efficiently.
- Prioritising inbound queries, covering all avenues in a timely manner.
- Acting as Brand Ambassador for the company, demonstrating product knowledge.
- Taking customer orders, utilising market knowledge to identify opportunities to up-sell.
- Escalating or transferring more complex queries as necessary.
- Upholding stringent service standards to reflect the Whittard experience.
- Maintaining the customer database with relevant, accurate data derived from calls.
- Tracking orders, updating client information, and logging issues are all part and parcel of the role.
Our ideal candidate will have
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Possess previous experience of working within a contact centre environment, providing high levels of service.
- Have experience with working in the retail sector and will understand how to prioritise issue resolution while managing multiple cases at once.
- A good understanding of using databases, with good attention to detail, as you will be expected to document call logs.
- Be able to adjust to peaks and troughs of business within the retail industry, keeping a level head under pressure.
- Have outstanding communication skills, as well as good data-entry skills.
- Be accustomed to working with KPIs within SLAs.