Plans for new amenities are taking shape
Published on 21 February 2023
Reinvigorating Park Centre
Thank you to everyone that attended our recent Park Centre Consultation event, a drop-in lunchtime session that gave people the chance to find out more about the initial plans for Park Centre refresh project and have their say.
It was great to see so many occupiers in attendance, welcome members of the local community and also meet some potential operators. Your feedback was valuable and will be used to shape Milton Park’s future amenities.
About the project
We’re committed to delivering a high-quality environment at Milton Park and want to ensure those working here can access the amenities they need to minimise travel further afield during the working day. Work has been taking place behind the scenes to create the best possible amenities for people on the Park and living close by.
The exciting placemaking scheme will reinvigorate the Park Centre canopy area, creating a future hub for amenities such as convenience shops, food and drink and social space.
This is part of a drive to increase the current number and range of amenities, supporting those working at Milton Park, encouraging others to come on board and the local community. In line with the 2040 Vision, the ambition is also to extend amenity opening hours.
- To create a ‘destination’ on the Park with a new identity and plenty of character
- To create a place with a choice of food and beverage offers and other useful services
- Refurbishing the existing buildings in Park Centre to accommodate a variety of exciting new amenities that connect to the surrounding landscape
- Creating a home for the Milton Feast and an enjoyable and inspiring place for people to gather, sit and eat
- Providing an exciting backdrop for events on the Park
- Redeveloping the surrounding landscape to create beautiful spaces that connect around the site and to the rest of the Park.
So... what's new?
- Extending the current amenity provision in buildings 5 and 6 to include buildings 7-10
- Removal of the tent to provide more outside space for seating
- Enhanced landscaping to increase green space
- Reduced car parking to create an events space and allow food trucks to operate
- Improved welcoming experience, paths and walkways
- Creation of a place where people to come together at lunchtimes and into the evenings.
The team is currently progressing with developing the design and continuing to speak to operators who have expressed interest in taking space. Potential uses include a supermarket or farm shop, bakery, hairdressing salon or barbers, cycle hub, dentist and micro brewery or tap room.
We are grateful to all occupiers and local residents for continuing to share their views and look forward to announcing more news on OSP's designs in the next newsletter.
If you don't receive our updates already, please subscribe to the Milton Park newsletter to ensure you're kept up-to-date with the latest news, events and opportunities.
You can also follow us on social media: