Another boost for Milton Park bus services
Published on 27 September 2022
Milton Park bus services will be extending the zones eligible for the £20 a year bus pass to include the villages of Drayton, Steventon, Sutton Courtenay and Milton. This zone extension will be in place from 1 October, helping more people save money on their commute and encouraging the use of sustainable transport across Oxfordshire.
Additionally, through increased funding, Oxford Bus Company has also been able to carry out further enhancements across services 33 and 99 to provide a new 2022/2023 service that commenced on 4 September. This will now deliver the following improved transport links:
- A direct link from Botley, Cumnor, Wootton and Shippon to Milton Park via an enhanced service 33 which will run every hour, seven days per week.
- A direct link from Henley and Nettlebed to Milton Park on service 23 which will run every hour from Monday to Friday. This incorporates the current service 99 to Great Western Park, increasing the frequency of services to every 30 minutes during peak travel times.
- The link between Wallingford and Milton Park has been increased from hourly to every 30 minutes from Monday to Friday, helping to serve the residents of the new housing at Highcroft. An hourly service to Wallingford will continue to operate on weekends and bank holidays.
In terms of zone boundaries, bus travel will be valid up to and including the following stops:
- Zone A – Steventon to Barnett Road (last bus stop on service X36 heading towards Wantage)
- Zone B – Drayton to Abingdon Road (last bus stop on service X2 heading towards Abingdon)
- Zone C – Sutton Courtenay to Appleford Road (last bus stop on service 33 heading towards Culham passing through Milton Village)
For more details and to view the bus timetables, please visit the Oxford Bus Company website at https://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/september-2022-changes
If you’d like to share your views with us about travelling to, from and around the Park, our annual Travel Survey is now open until 20 October to give us your comments.
Not only will this feedback be used to inform future changes transport in and around the Park but you’ll also be entered into a prize draw with a chance to win a £150 John Lewis voucher plus a £150 donation to a charity of your choice.