at LTI Metaltech Ltd
Who we are
LTi Metaltech Ltd is a dynamic, innovative and growing production company, with solid foundations in regulated precision fabrication and welding. We work with global companies and OEM’s to deliver advanced high performance vessels and structures using Stainless Steel, Copper and high purity Aluminium. LTi is a recognised expert in high integrity welded structures capable of withstanding extreme pressure, vacuum and temperature differentials, delivering cutting edge technologies for industries including Fusion & Nuclear, Healthcare and Renewables, with further capabilities and insights targeted at Transport & Rail
About the role
- Sector: Technology
- Contract type: Permanent, Full time, Flexitime Monday to Friday
- Salary: £26,500.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Application Closing Date: 30th November 2023
- You will provide hands-on support to the Materials and Production teams, carrying out daily stock and cycle counts, updating systems and ensuring that regular audits are completed.
- You will be supporting the Planning Coordinator to ensure we have consistent stock levels and efficient stock delivery throughout the business. This will involve you escalating any issues to Purchasing and working closely with Engineering on New Product Introductions as well as ongoing projects.
- Assisting with project timelines, material deliveries, key deadlines, work orders and transport requirements in line with customer expectations.
- You will be the 'go to' individual who has all the useful information to hand through monitoring and reporting on finished goods stock levels against agreed targets as well as monitoring stock availability variances.
- Attending daily Production meetings to explain notable changes and/or issues to the wider team as well as to hear from the key departments about factors that could influence or affect your own role that day.
- After an initial training period, and once settled into the role, there will be plenty of opportunities to be involved in further tasks and projects that could include supporting the Production Manager with planning of labour hours, reporting and implementing planning and scheduling process improvements, solving queries and ensuring accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM).
Our ideal candidate will have
You will be a strong communicator who is able to maintain a calm and friendly manner whilst working to customer driven time constraints, juggling phone calls, dealing with internal requests for information, updating stock data and also resolving problems raised by Production. If that sounds like you then you probably have a background in stock control, manufacturing or distribution and are used to working within similar busy environments.
- Strong communication skills are key, both written and verbal, as the role acts as an interface between suppliers, other departments and the customer.
- The ability to think logically, with good analytical skills and a natural ability to coordinate stock, people and information will be essential to succeed.
- You will have a proactive personality and be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (further training can be provided where necessary) as well as experience using stock control systems.
- A thorough and organised approach, with a strong attention to detail, will be required and experience of administration-based tasks is essential.
- The ability to work under pressure and to time constraints with a flexible and adaptable attitude - and keep smiling!
- The ability to identify and escalate business critical decisions appropriately.
- To actively participate in problem solving and generating ideas for system and process improvement initiatives.